Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i blew apart my old tranny differential, and now i swapped in my spare tranny for the time being... both speedos sensor worked before, on the first test drive after putting in my spare tranny, the speedo worked alright, but when i got to around 60-70 thats when it started jumping around... took it back home, messed with it a little swapped in my other speedo sensor which worked also, and still nothing... would overfilling my tranny affect how they work??

also car isnt as fast as it was when the vss was working, because i dont think vtec is kicking in, causing the turbo spool to be slow and run slower.. so do you think my guage cluster could be screwed??? even though i replaced that a year ago with one with only 120k miles.

thanks

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you already check the wire connections going into the vss plug?

side note: you probably should have put this in EM.... just saying.

yeah, my tuner told me to make sure both plugs are completly dry... because if they arent and they have moister in them it wont work.. so im going to try that now, and see what it does..

yeah i guess i shoulda put it in the engine management section, just thought id get faster replies in this section, hehe.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Same thing happend to me..One day i was driving around and speedo just started jumping around.Then a few miles later I got a cell. I checked the vss plug,reset the light and it didn't come back on and i thought it was fixed but the car was bogging bad and was alot slower.I hooked up my datalogging stuff and noticed i wasn't getting any mph data.As long as the vss isn't working you won't have vtec either so your right..the only way to get it back is to fix the problem or disable vtec speed check.

replacing my cluster fixed it but your case could be diffrent.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its working now... haha after an hour of messing with the stupid thing, i took a hairdryer and dryed out the connections, and bam fixed... i had moister in the connections

1 - 6 of 6 Posts