Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short is the transmission fill plug is rounded off and not even the "easy out" for messed up bolt head will do the trick. someone suggested i just remove the VSS and fill the transmission though the VSS hole. from diagrams it looks like i wont be able to remove the VSS from the outside of the transmission. so im going to have it towed to a shop and have them torch off the fill plug bolt. anyone have any thoughts? thanks for your input!
~Rusty

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Your VSS should have 3 bolts on it. I believe 2 that hold the sensor/connector to the gear shaft, and 1 that holds it to the trans. Remove the one that holds it to the trans and it will lift right out.

Fill the trans with a funnel with a hose on it, replace the sensor, and do burnouts.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its 89 honda crx dx manual transmission all i see is a cable, that i removed from a tube, looks like this

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Remove intake air tube, remove 1 10mm bolt from vss, pull it out, stick in long transmission funnel and dump in 2 quarts. Rock on.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Or fill from the vent tube?

I have one question. Why was the fill bolt so tight?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,520 Posts
List the year of the Mopar tranny please.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or fill from the vent tube?

I have one question. Why was the fill bolt so tight?
when i got the car the bolt was rounded off some what. so i would just use vise grips and a hammer to remove and install it. now its stuck and i have learned my lesson. XD

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
988 Posts
Weld a nut on top of it and wrench it off

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
You get it off this time, replace it they are only $2 at the dealer.

You can fill from the vent tube, the VSS or reverse switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts