Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOK TO THE MIDDLE OF PG.2 FOR RECENT UPDATES

First off, I'll say that I got permission from S Q A D to start this thread.

So, thru knowing Jimmyb34 for awhile, and reading up on 5speed4life's ecu chipping, I decided to hire Bob (5speed4life) to do the mini-me head swap, and get my rex running.

I did my best to get all of the necessary parts for the jobs ahead, as Bob was very thankful for that. Kinda silly to have a guy drive 8 hours to your house and not have basically everything ready for installation.

He completed the mini-me head swap. Dropped the tranny and figured out my clutch/shifting ailment. He went back thru the mpfi wiring that was already done and found the problem. . .The car should have started before the head swap was even done. I had the d15b2 rebuilt basically, added an SR909 regrind from Exospeed, camgear. . .starter was good. Wouldn't start. Turns out, on the dizzy plug, there were 2 white wires, and 2 orange wires among the 6, and they were reversed.

He set the timing a few degrees advanced for me, he worked on the PS9 ecu, and the tps-iacv situation I'm having basically for an extra day. I need a new TPS and IACV, and the PS9 seemed to have been bad (I had picked it up used somewhere??). So he took one of my PM6's and the PS9, he's going to salvage what he can from the PS9 and chip the PM6.

He did an amazing job on my car. Very professional and particular about his work. He told me he'd stay until my car was running solid, and he did. Once I add a few things here and there, and probably a little dyno tuning, I'm am going to be even happier than I am now.

My crx sat for 16 months without ever running. Bob got that baby mini-me'd and running in 3 days, did some tweaking here and there, and was also very cool about me working with him and leaning over his shoulder watching him work. He explained to me in layman's terms shit I didn't understand and was a great guy to have around.

If you're "newbish" and would like some help with your car, and live in the general Midwest :D, PM Bob. He will hook you up.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
i definitely agree with this..
hes chipped my ecu and helped me out a little with my car.. he came down here to put coilovers on with me... hes an awesome guy
hopefully he gets online soon so i can make arrangements to get the parts i have at his house installed.. get this cam im buying in and tuned.. lol

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Thanks Chet. You were a good host, and it was overall fun.

I just made my way down to VA today (like right now) after an ignition problem to do another one. lol. My 13.5 hour road trip turned to a 32 hr delema.

Anyways, thanks for the vouch, and as soon as people get thier ecus in the mail, ive got a feeling this may just grow a little.

Man i love ganking peoples wireless internet for my own personal D-series uses. lol. (as im sitting in my car infront of my next job site).

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
you should stop at my house on yo way back through if by some odd chance you have my parts haha... ill have a cam and some other things by then... i sent you a pager message........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im the guy in Va who 5speed4life came down and did my mini-me, clutch,flywheel, head swap,ecu and some more shit....there's nothing bad i can say about him, he stayed until he was finished and did a great job. He knew all of his stuff very well, ran into quite a few problems along the way and he stayed and worked through them all. If your looking to get your ecu chipped or ANYTHING done to a honda i recomend this guy do it..and on top of doing all the work along the way he helped to learn my noobass quite a few things

·
Registered
167 Posts
just pm him on what you need to get done, he's really reasonable, i think he does the ecu chipping for like 75 and swaps for like 200

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,999 Posts
damn competitors stepping on my turf!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob got that baby mini-me'd and running in 3 days, did some tweaking here and there, and was also very cool about me working with him and leaning over his shoulder watching him work. He explained to me in layman's terms shit I didn't understand and was a great guy to have around.
aka he's a teacher......last time I tried to do a tranny workshop, everyone chickened out. (Niagra CRX meet)......

Damn, my $25 a hour + beer rate might need to increase a bit? OK, whose buying pizza?

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Lol, Tranzex, I would have been there.

See, I think the key is, i dont have beer factord into the labor rate. (then that could get expensive) lol.

The main thing is I am willing to travel to come to your house and do it in your driveway. You pay for the gas.

Either way my labor rates are alot cheaper than taking your car to the shop, on top of having it towed there. Plus you got to watch whats being done, ask all the questions you want, and learn some stuff on the way. Thats something that most shops wont let you do.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words again Chet and Matt.

If anyone is interested, or needs work done, Please shoot me a PM.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.