Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need a little info. My voltage meter is usually around 14, but every once in a while it will drop down between 12-13 and stay there for a few mins. Then if I let the rpms get high it will go back up until I let off the gas. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, if there is a certain thing I should look into or something. I dont think there is a short anywhere but not sure. I dont use the CD player or a/c so that doesnt draw any power.

Let me know what yall think?

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have anything on when it happens. But like I said soon as I hit about 4500 rpm it will go up then drop when I let off the gas. Then it will just go back to 14 at times and stay there for a few days. Then it will happen again. But it only stays between 12-13 for like 5 mins, then goes back to normal.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
dont worry about it.. just make sure it doesnt STAY on 12-13 then you may not be able to start the car after you shut it off

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
get a manual, according to my chiltons, if you turn off all accesories and rev it to 2000 and the output is less than 14, you should replace your alt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts