Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to get a voltage drop during boost? (12.33Volt)
As soon as i let off the voltage goes up again.

14,06-14,16Volt is highest recored by hondata.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I notice it fall to 13ish usually during a high rpm pull like at the drag strip. Pretty consistently over about a thousand passes.

But I think probably ur alt is having issues, maybe the bearing is going out and at higher RPM it starts to fail.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Your belt could possibly be slipping at those RPMs.
While you might be right, the car maintains 14v at idle, with the alternator spinning like 2000rpm. I doubt its spinning slower than idle speed while his engine is at 7000rpm.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
maybe its just the ecu voltage dropping during boost because its cycling the injectors more often and for longer?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Stereo system? Maybe too many components hooked up and when your doing a pull the alternative can't keep up with the demands of your motor at high rpms.

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have'nt had the time to test, but think i have to change the altornator.

No stereo.
Voltage can drop at 4000rpm also. belt is tight and there is no sound from it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
maybe its just the ecu voltage dropping during boost because its cycling the injectors more often and for longer?
This ^^

Which is why I said a voltage stabilizer could work..

SUN AUTOMOBILE�@�yHot Inazuma�z

Hyper Voltage System is an innovative new product for harnessing the full potential of your vehicle's electrical system.
Our original design utilizes the latest technology to stabilize the voltage in your vehicle.
The vehicles voltage will drop when electrical components are in use and when the car is under acceleration; Hyper Voltage System stores electricity to provide constant voltage to your electrical system.
Maximizing the efficiency of your cars electrical system will result in a performance increase.
The ignition system and electrical components draw power from the electrical system, resulting in a power loss. Using Hyper Voltage System can release your vehicle's full potential.

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This ^^

Which is why I said a voltage stabilizer could work..

SUN AUTOMOBILE�@�yHot Inazuma�z

Hyper Voltage System is an innovative new product for harnessing the full potential of your vehicle's electrical system.
Our original design utilizes the latest technology to stabilize the voltage in your vehicle.
The vehicles voltage will drop when electrical components are in use and when the car is under acceleration; Hyper Voltage System stores electricity to provide constant voltage to your electrical system.
Maximizing the efficiency of your cars electrical system will result in a performance increase.
The ignition system and electrical components draw power from the electrical system, resulting in a power loss. Using Hyper Voltage System can release your vehicle's full potential.
Going to try a new alternator, do not belive in Voltage stabilizer thing. it's like "TV Shop"/ebay crap.

If i need to stabilize voltage i could use a condensator (1 farad), but that will not raise the voltage from 12 to 14 volt. the only thing that can do that is the alternator.

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Alternator. 14,35volt until boost goes up and it drops to 12,3volt again. Going to check if there is any ground for the ECU that needs cleaning.
Injectors is at 90% or so duty. 580cc at 300whp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts