Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody has got there hands on one of these turbos they come off some 2.2 turbo dodges but they are rare I wanna know what kinda power they make and how much faster they spool. http://www.thedodgegarage.com/
there is some info on them if you dont know what I'm talking about. I would also like to know if there are any variable compressor wheels or housings for turbo's if anyone has info LMK thanks

-Jason

·
Registered
258 Posts
That particular turbo might be rare, but variable nozzle turbos are easy enough to get. We can get you a brand new Garrett replacement VNT25 turbo for $499, our distributor has three of them on the shelf.

The problem with Vairable Nozzle turbos is figuring out how to properly control them. It takes a lot of active control to keep them spooling properly, and from blowing engines.

Craig

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Garrett GT17 used on the newer Saab's is a VNT I believe. You can find those cheap if you look.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
I think the new MDX turbo is a VNT turbo also.

-Jason
you mean RDX or is there going to be an MDX with a turbo

(not trying to be a smartass...this is a legit question)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
the rdx turbo is controlled electronically versus the older vnt's controlled with boost pressure. Don't take my word for it i'm just saying what it looks like to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts