Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, i think i posted this before but its been a long time. i was wondering how much horsepower a set of vitara pistons could hold up to under boost.

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm going for 350 to the tires. i'm going o hae a fully built head, block, and custom turbo set up. My engine sshop called to day and told me my block guard was installed and the block had been prebored. Now i need to order pistons to get the rods notched in and start on the head. I'll take some pics of the motor after i get it back. P.S. its all going in a 94 Del sol Si.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
tranny is good to around 400-425, after that shit starts to break. I believe the record is like 450ish like black92 said for vitaras

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm going to do something with the trans. i'm not sure what yet. also, is there a d series tranny with lsd that hooks up to the d16?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i'm going to do something with the trans. i'm not sure what yet. also, is there a d series tranny with lsd that hooks up to the d16?
theres not much you can do to make it handle any more power. All Dseries trans bolt up to any Dseries motor.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm not really worried about the power, i just don't want to buy an lsd when i can get a tran with it for the amount an lsd would cost.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i'm not really worried about the power, i just don't want to buy an lsd when i can get a tran with it for the amount an lsd would cost.
LSD trans is expensive and dont handle that much power, an aftermarketo ne installed will cost about the same price and will handle more power

1 - 13 of 13 Posts