Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well ive been reading on this cite and ive heard many things. Like vitaras will sit 5mm out of the hole in a jdmd15, or they sit just fine. WEll heres the truth...this is all based on wrist pin to top of piston. I will be comparing the d15b piston p2p(d16y8) pm3 (d15b7) and vitara.

p2p

d15b7

jdmd15

p2p,p08,pm3

vitara vs p08

vitara vs pm3

vitara vs p2p

so after all of this looks like the vitaras sit at almost the same level as the po8, about 2mmlower than the p2p, and 2mm lower than the pm3

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
the p08's sit roughly .013-.015 below deck.. in its own block

putting the vitara's there, would make the vitara sit a little bit above deck.. like half an mm or sumthing..

easy just subtract CH , rod length and half of stroke from the 207mm deck height of the d15 blocks..

·
Registered
233 Posts
ok well ive been reading on this cite and ive heard many things. Like vitaras will sit 5mm out of the hole in a jdmd15, or they sit just fine. WEll heres the truth...this is all based on wrist pin to top of piston. I will be comparing the d15b piston p2p(d16y8) pm3 (d15b7) and vitara.

p2p

d15b7

jdmd15

p2p,p08,pm3

vitara vs p08

vitara vs pm3

vitara vs p2p

so after all of this looks like the vitaras sit at almost the same level as the po8, about 2mmlower than the p2p, and 2mm lower than the pm3

nice info dude reps for you

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
the p08's sit roughly .013-.015 below deck.. in its own block

putting the vitara's there, would make the vitara sit a little bit above deck.. like half an mm or sumthing..

easy just subtract CH , rod length and half of stroke from the 207mm deck height of the d15 blocks..
:werd:

Don't know who told you what; but according to zealautowerks, Vitaras only sit .55mm above deck. Not a issue at all.

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
actually i read a post here of a turbo vitara setup sticking out of the hole was still not enough to cause interference
never heard from him again though
i hate people who build controversial motors and never check back in...
totally pointless for the community to just say you bolted it together
great...dont forget to come back and be a pal...
bah...lol
some people cant recognize the importance for the rest of us even if he fails

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im going to be doing a build as follows

d15b7 block
tuner toys rods
jdmd15b crank knife edged and balanced
vitaras
either a p2p head or p29 ...kinda depends on my other motor build hehe