Honda D Series Forum banner

Vitaras in a b7! so many questions ZERO answers

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  robgoof 
#1 ·
For you say anything I've done the search of done four searches and after getting to the 20th page I give up . My plan is to use a D15B7 and put the Max peating rod rods which are higher at 134.5 mm which is only at half a millimeter larger than stock rods. Along with this I plan for a z6 head and y8 gasket with I standard vitaras (I think like -15 dish) . With using the compression calculator and with the few things I've Found some people say it should be a 6.99to 1 cr. Which obviously is too low. BUT if you use a vitara with 30mm comp height instead of the 28.5 it moves you too 7.84 to 1. So the problem is this if my math is right then I'm already coming out of the block at tdc and still have only a 7.84 static cr?? I dont want a valve to slap a piston but also want enough compression to damn start it. The calculator seems off but any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Deck the block so the pistons are flush with the top, use an oem y8 head gasket and mill the head to get some more comp.

Or use a y8 head to bump the comp.

They are mental low comp pistons anyway. If you got 9:1 you would be doing good. Lots run them at 7.5:1 - 8.5:1

#5 ·
My plans will be for the 400 hp range ( not anytime soon since no e85 or race gas in my state just maybe 300hp) and I dont think my stock pistons (p03/pm3?) Can handle over 250 300? Otherwise I would love to stay where i am on cr with the b7 currently boosted

#6 ·

Do you know how to measure compression height?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.