Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you say anything I've done the search of done four searches and after getting to the 20th page I give up . My plan is to use a D15B7 and put the Max peating rod rods which are higher at 134.5 mm which is only at half a millimeter larger than stock rods. Along with this I plan for a z6 head and y8 gasket with I standard vitaras (I think like -15 dish) . With using the compression calculator and with the few things I've Found some people say it should be a 6.99to 1 cr. Which obviously is too low. BUT if you use a vitara with 30mm comp height instead of the 28.5 it moves you too 7.84 to 1. So the problem is this if my math is right then I'm already coming out of the block at tdc and still have only a 7.84 static cr?? I dont want a valve to slap a piston but also want enough compression to damn start it. The calculator seems off but any help would be appreciated.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
Deck the block so the pistons are flush with the top, use an oem y8 head gasket and mill the head to get some more comp.

Or use a y8 head to bump the comp.

They are mental low comp pistons anyway. If you got 9:1 you would be doing good. Lots run them at 7.5:1 - 8.5:1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deck the block so the pistons are flush with the top, use an oem y8 head gasket and mill the head to get some more comp.

Or use a y8 head to bump the comp.

They are mental low comp pistons anyway. If you got 9:1 you would be doing good. Lots run them at 7.5:1 - 8.5:1
My plans will be for the 400 hp range ( not anytime soon since no e85 or race gas in my state just maybe 300hp) and I dont think my stock pistons (p03/pm3?) Can handle over 250 300? Otherwise I would love to stay where i am on cr with the b7 currently boosted

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
528 Posts

Do you know how to measure compression height?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,012 Posts
want high hp, why not buy a real piston? forged slugs arnt that expensive

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
948 Posts
I ran vitara's with a 136.4mm rod in a b7 block z6 head .bout 8:1 was up to 20psi on hy35 .
vitara pin height is like 28.xmm

what answer do you want ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran vitara's with a 136.4mm rod in a b7 block z6 head .bout 8:1 was up to 20psi on hy35 .
vitara pin height is like 28.xmm

what answer do you want ..
I was told (maybe wrongly) that the vitara comes in a 28.38mm while there was also a 30mm version. Cant seem to find one. The question would be is 6.99 cr too low or was it a mistake or maybe there was something I was missing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Do you know how to measure compression height?
Yes I dont have the pistons yet. But pin in on most vitaras is 28.38mm? And I wish stickys would work but almost zero people have any thing on a b7

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
When using a Y8 HG, use the 2 layer number. Y8 HG is .028" thick when compressed.

I no longer, and haven't for years, had contact with Katy (katybug) who did a lot of the Zealworks page.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts