Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone post up a pick of there vitara pistons and possibly the box they came in cause i just got mine and they seem a little brittle like there easy to break. thanks.

also i am doing my z6 build and i already got SLS top mount, turbonetics t3
.57 trim, SLS 3in downpipe, tial 38mm wastegate(open dump), kteller 2.5 down pipe back with a Spoon N1 axel back. im going to the internals now and i ordered the vitara piston combo on ebay for $155, eagle h beams, arp rod bolts, headstuds, and mainstuds. head is going to be ported with a zex stage 2 cam with spings and retainers. is there anything else that needs to be addressed or any other suggestions to be made on my set up, any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
link meh. cant tell with no pics. easier to tell what you got when you show it.

regular shit. seals cap rotor plugs wires that kinda stuff. sure you have addressed it already but just incase

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea there in a blue and white box that says YCP, but they just felt a little brittle. thanks.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
how do tghe feel brittle?

You have a Rockwell Hardess test fingers?
they are extremely light

have you ever flicked a hard metal or forged piston. your finger kind of hits it with a thud, even with most OEM Honda pistons. the Vitaras just seem like you could snap the skirts off with a pair of pliers or something

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
they are extremely light

have you ever flicked a hard metal or forged piston. your finger kind of hits it with a thud, even with most OEM Honda pistons. the Vitaras just seem like you could snap the skirts off with a pair of pliers or something
+1, thought i was going to break them when i took them out of the box to inspect them after shipping.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
I got this pistons on my set up.

Works good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i beg to differ r ya all sure that those r the right ones ;;;;;;;;;;the reason i ask is that i bought mine from SUZUKI MOTORS and the center of the piston has a small hole ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;but what the hell if those working do ya thing ;;i would post a pic of them tomorrow

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so do you guys think 400whp is reachable with my listed set up with a good tune and stock sleeves?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
i beg to differ r ya all sure that those r the right ones ;;;;;;;;;;the reason i ask is that i bought mine from SUZUKI MOTORS and the center of the piston has a small hole ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;but what the hell if those working do ya thing ;;i would post a pic of them tomorrow
you got the spoiled ones lol...j/k... OEM Suzuki pistons are not made of the same material/strength as the replacements one..They arent coated either as the replacement ones and they wont hold the same power...this is one of the times when the replacement is better than the original.:TU:

Plus the OEM ones are more xpensive too..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump for opinions!!! oh and take out the 2.5 kteller piping and spoon N1 im selling it to run open down pipe. dosnt need to be quiet or anything. thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts