Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am currently building my z6 with the vitara setup. I took my rods and pistons to a engine shop I know, and they told me the snap ring has in and out movement, and that the the diameter of the snap ring fits to loose in the groove. It is locked in place and does not spin but he says it will definately push the pin out, I told him thats how They sell them he said to go to suzuki and get the vitara rings. Do any one of you guys doing this set up have in and out play.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
what rods are you using, this seems similar to a thread earlier. about full floating pins. lemme find it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Friend just did same piston/rod setup he says he doesn't remember the clips being loose but he just tapped on the pin from both sides to make sure they held. And we are currently tuning him to 20psi so they must be holding good enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the engine shop said to buy the wire lock rings from suzuki. Oh I forgot to mention I replaced the original c clips with new ones since the pistons were used, but i made sure the were the right ones 3/4 inch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts