Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heya all :)

Hoping you guys can help me out. I noticed in a couple of google searches some of you guys are using Vitara/Sidekick pistons in your D16 engines... I am too, but they're still inside my G16A motor!

I have a Suzuki Sierra (aka Samurai) that runs a G16A on straight LPG. Basically, I need to rebuild. The problem I face is that the OEM piston rings are chrome and they won't successfully seat running a dry fuel like LPG, they need the wash of a wet fuel during break in.

A bit of lateral thinking - if you guys can use Vitara/Sidekick pistons/rings, maybe I can use Honda piston rings :detective:

Firstly, what D16 variations/model can fit vitara pistons? I need to know this to suss out what rings I should be looking for, and to compare specs for compatibility.

And do you guys have piston ring options apart from chrome OEMs? Ideally i'm looking for moly inlay ductile iron rings, but if there's a few options available i'd love to know.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:uh: OK, let me clarify:

I am looking to buy 75mm moly inlay ductile iron rings to match to my G16A pistons - Honda D16 rings will fit, but I can't find specific info on the availability of these rings.

Can you tell me (if you know) what ring options exist for your D16xx engines? I am not familiar enough with Honda aftermarket support to know where the best places are to look for D16 piston rings. Do you know where I can source these from, and where I can scope out Honda piston ring alternatives?

Unfortunately Google surfing isn't helping me - the info obtained isn't specific enough to solve my query.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts