Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i had my vitara pistons put on my connecting rods..now the clips that they come with prevent the the pistons from floating, should i keep them in or take them out. right now they have about .005 thousands of play, is that enough?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think you are talking about the c clip on the piston that are used to retain the wrist pin in place...it sounds like your rods weren't machined enough to fit the pin you should be able to..you need the c clips or your wrist pin will slid in and out...and believe me you don't want that....does the rod move side to side on the pin?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are talking about the c clip on the piston that are used to retain the wrist pin in place...it sounds like your rods weren't machined enough to fit the pin you should be able to..you need the c clips or your wrist pin will slid in and out...and believe me you don't want that....does the rod move side to side on the pin?
with the c clips in, each piston has around five thousandths of play. this question is coming from the guy who did it for me. the wrist pin was pressed in and it's not going anywhere if i take the clips out. is that little of play okay? or no?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wait what? are you using aftermarket or stock rods? full floating pistons require the c clips because it keeps the wrist pin from sliding out stock pistons have a pressed fit wrist pin....vitara pistons require a full floating wrist pin meaning that the pin is able to move freely and require no pressing into the connecting rod...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts