Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will my compression be with vitara pistons and stock d16 rods. will it clear a y8 head.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
what will my compression be with vitara pistons and stock d16 rods. will it clear a y8 head.
search.

also, why would you put a low compression piston on stock rods? it will not change how much whp your going to be able to make. the rods are the weak point of the engine. the piston themselves are not that bad in design/casting, imho.

iirc, every person who has asked this question has ended up either going with h-beam rods or never coming back to the forum. i would assume that they don't come back cause they don't want to be embarassed for actually making the car slower then before.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is all great stuff and everything guys but I wouldnt know the first step in notching the block witch is why I dont want to go h beam.

·
Registered
819 Posts
A few DIYS on how to do the notching. I myself have not done it.

But it really does not look to bad. Good luck man

-Stephen

p.s you could buy some of the custom rods FTJ is selling in the sellers area for just a little more then those other ones. These rods will only need a small amount of notching if any.

·
Registered
616 Posts
just get the h beams,well worth the extra 10 bucks,and god forbid you cant notch it yourself have sumone else do it

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks guys I think I am going to go with the h beams and notch this son of a bitch.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
search.

also, why would you put a low compression piston on stock rods? it will not change how much whp your going to be able to make. the rods are the weak point of the engine. the piston themselves are not that bad in design/casting, imho.

iirc, every person who has asked this question has ended up either going with h-beam rods or never coming back to the forum. i would assume that they don't come back cause they don't want to be embarassed for actually making the car slower then before.
thank you..... my God

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i had to notch the shiznit out of my girdle with my eagles and d16a6. anyone else have that prob?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i have the arp 2000 rod bolts, seem like that have a big ass head on em

·
Registered
464 Posts
yes they do...have big heads on them....

DO 1 ROD FIRST...

as for notching the block:
1 inch across centered w/ the clyinder
1/4 back twards the outside of the block
1/4 down inside the cylinder
so basically put your Dremmel on a 45 degree angle and take a 1/4"H X 1/4"D X 1"L
get the picture?

as for the girdle... only 1 side really has to be notched....but the other side is REAL close to hitting... go w/ 1"L and just take a little (1/16") off.

blow out w/ compressed air, lightly lube, assemble and check your clearances on 1 rod.... and if the clearences seem fine.... do the other 3

Hope this helps
Dr. Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts