Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I am go with the vitara pistons and I dont no what rod to use. I have heard that eagle h-beams with vitara pistons make cr really low.Also the Custom Length FJ R SPEC D16 I beam Connecting rods with vitrara piston make cr around the 9s. What would be a better rod to use?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Depends on what c/r you want.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
low compression isnt bad... i hate when people think omg my comp will be in the 7's... big deal, turn up the boost.. mine is in the 7's ITS NOT A BIG DEAL

·
11,892 Posts
ok then what is a better rod to use with these pistons for what I wanting to do.
I want around 300 to 400hp.
Any H-beam, I beam will get you where you want to go.

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
Well I reported his post b/c idk if he's trying to slang his shit or what but I'm going to do my best to cock block him faster than an iron chastity belt on prom night.

·
11,892 Posts

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
low compression isnt bad... i hate when people think omg my comp will be in the 7's... big deal, turn up the boost.. mine is in the 7's ITS NOT A BIG DEAL
i got everything but rods so far .. still cant make up my mind for sure

hows ur car drive light to light n highway

i honestly would rather not have to boost up to get moving

what size snail u runnin as well thx

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i got everything but rods so far .. still cant make up my mind for sure

hows ur car drive light to light n highway

i honestly would rather not have to boost up to get moving

what size snail u runnin as well thx
57trim garrett... drives fine... although its not really a street set-up, but it feels like a normal honda. i was also on a stock head... not no more though

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
all thats in my head is a s2 stg 1 street cam.. woo hoo lol

i just got my 57 in the mail yesterday that thing spool ok with the stock head flow?

my old 42 was pretty quick to start spoolin but just creeped up due to the small stature

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
well it looks like I am going with the Custom Length FJ R SPEC D16 I beam Connecting rods with vitrara piston. I was also wanting to know if a .48/.63 60 trim garret would spool up quick with my set up.I am using std bore. My head has supertech stainless valves std size, crower valve springs,diy port and polish job , and a COMP CAMS PRO RACE CAMSHAFT

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
dude get H BEAMS. my car has more power OUT OF BOOST with 7s cr then it did n/a with stock cr. just get the bitch tuned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts