Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a few of you using these in ur boosted setups
Some say they are forged others say no
Should I go ahead and save for some JE pistons or will the Vitaras suit my goal of 275whp,with some eagle rods?
Turbo choice is pointing to a T3/T4 setup on whatever PSI can get me close to my goal as possible

Vitaras yes or no?

D

·
0 Posts
I am wondering the same, can they handle 17 to 25 lbs.? also what kinda of power would 17 to 25lbs. make in a d16y8/z6 hybrid with SI tranny, and basic mild mods.. 250whp area?

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
They are a lil tougher than stock honda pistons but i dont think thats the reason why they can handle boost. I think its the fact that they sit below the deck and have all that extra room in the cylinder...

·
Registered
406 Posts
theres a post on this issue somewhere, it might have been on honda-tech, they are made of t6 aluminum which is heat treated so they have a higher heat tolerance, but i don't remember the specifics man.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
how reliable do you want? 303hp good enough? http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28701

they are still cast pistons, but they have a beefier upper ringland, plus they lower your compression, lowering the chance of detonation. on a good tune, they will be plenty reliable for a small turbo setup

D

·
0 Posts
I bet someone with really good tuning skills could hit 400 whp, maybe not pump gas but it could be done IMO.

D

·
0 Posts
ryan89crx said:
how reliable do you want? on a good tune, they will be plenty reliable for a small turbo setup
small turbo setup as in 17 to 20ish 25ish lbs?

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but hat guy hit 303 to the wheel for a week now Im waiting to see hwo long it will last :)

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont care if Im runnin 5 lbs or 20lbs

I just wanna make around 270whp on either a T3 or possibly a 14B if it can support those goals

I guess I should just go ahead and buy forged so i dont have to sweat it

·
Registered
17 Posts
vitras with eagle rods will be strong enough for 270whp. look at 4g63's they have cast piston stock and can make over 400whp on stock bottom end.

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
dohdoh420 said:
I am wondering the same, can they handle 17 to 25 lbs.? also what kinda of power would 17 to 25lbs. make in a d16y8/z6 hybrid with SI tranny, and basic mild mods.. 250whp area?
geez you noobs need to read up on the stickies before you come in askin stupid questions.

different psi make different amounts of power on different turbos... 17psi on a small turbo could make 275 where on a larger turbo over 400... get the drift?? You need to be more specific in which turbo you are using to get an estimate of the power output

O

·
0 Posts
J-SiN said:
I dont care if Im runnin 5 lbs or 20lbs

I just wanna make around 270whp on either a T3 or possibly a 14B if it can support those goals

I guess I should just go ahead and buy forged so i dont have to sweat it
I run 19-20 daily ;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Take it from a vitara piston user..
I have 266whp on a T3 turbo..Been boosted for a year with them.. Run 18PSI 24/7, street and track.. Not a single problem with them. Going with a T3/t4 setup soon and expecting around 310-330whp on a Y7 motor

Have 2 friends that have used them for around 2 1/2 years.. Both on Small T3 One of them has boosted as much as 26PSI on them the other one has ran 20 PSI on them.

I created a Vitara piston setup database in Honda Tech so all the vitara piston users post their results..
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1294901

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
now thats good news to hear
did u get em from a suzuki dealership

and what rods are you using with them?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
J-SiN said:
uhh...fjt is the only legitimate retailer of these pistons. people on eBay have sold them, and have bitched that his price is lower than their cost that they buy them from

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
J-SiN said:

and what rods are you using with them?
The ones i sell are not OEM from the Suzuki...At the Suzuki they will cost around 200 just for the pistons($50 each piston w/o rings)..

The ones i sell have a special coating that the OEM ones dont have..plus they are made of a stronger material.

I am Using Eagle rods with them.

uhh...fjt is the only legitimate retailer of these pistons. people on eBay have sold them, and have bitched that his price is lower than their cost that they buy them from
I have seen them sell on ebay for as much as $190 dollars je je je..Same ones i sell, and they dont even tell you theyre vitara pistons.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts