Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I would stick with stock if you were looking for a cheap cast piston. No reason to lower the comp. that much for use with spray. Or boost.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
I would stick with stock if you were looking for a cheap cast piston. No reason to lower the comp. that much for use with spray. Or boost.
+1. If anything you should bump the compression up when spraying the naaaaws

:ph34r:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You would need a huge shot (and tge supporting mods to make it ingest that huge shot) in order to take advantage of that low of compression.
Most people run pretty high compression with spray because they're running a small shot.

If I were you, I'd get some forged 10:1 pistons, I-beams, and a 100 shot of NAWZ

·
Registered
157 Posts
No spray on vitaras it's pointless too lower your compression for it

·
Registered
96 Civic DX
14 Posts
first dan i have a great respect for you and your builds. but a green (assuming your implying im a noob) is something i am far from! im not new to turbo or nitrous. i owned a 2nd gen probe gt v6 that was turboed and run on a full standalone fuel management system called megasquirt all of which was built and tuned by me. and my current car has had nitrous since a week after i owned it. so please eplain how running a small shot of nitrous until boost kicks in is a noob thing? i've seen many non-honda builds do it and had fantastic results.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i guess it depends on the application. if you just want to, then sure

but i can tell you this much, if u are talking about FWD drag racing (my bad i assumed so previously) then you will not need anything to help you off the line. not even anti-lag.

i can see using nitrous to "spool" a turbo up if you are road racing or something like that where you drop RPM quite a bit and need to shift at unexpected points.

·
Registered
201 Posts
what happens if you hit NOS at around 4000-5000 RPM with a turbo that is tuned for about 15 psi? yes this is a noob question :D I heard from few people that you should not hit NOS before 4000 rpm

·
Registered
CRX
104 Posts
I say bushed ls rods and some compression and then spray it. But its just like a turbo car its all about the TUNE!!! Take it to a shop that is comfortable with nitrous and they can lead you in the right direction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts