Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i recently bought a set of vitara 75.5mm teflon coated pistons and i have a set of fj r spec h beam rods that i have had for a while now. I went to install the pistons on the rods to make sure everything was fine and bind free before i send the block off to the machine shop! Well anyhow, i ran into this problem that i have never read of or even heard about until i discovered it for myself.
Heres the pics:

I had to trim the raised area in the midlle of the pistonunder the wrist pin to gain clearance for my rods because the were rubbing on that area! Has any body else had this problem? seems kinda odd that i have never read any other posts about this

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STD 137mm units. Not much material at all was removed, just the bare minimum, im sure they are all still to within 1gm of each other

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting post crxlifer21, thats actually what i was lookin for but couldnt find! Thank you. Although i dont think i am one of the 5 people thathave custom length h beams, lol. Oh well, the clearance i need is there now and i am not worried about any problems whatsoever. Small mistake, easy fix:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts