Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Vitara and h beams from fj for the win. $419... Can't lose man plus you are running a y8 head so you will have some nice compression. I am not speaking from personal experience, just what I have seen and read. Personally I do plan on using this combo in my build.

·
Registered
487 Posts
A lot of people do vitara builds because it's easy on the wallet and has been proven to make great power. If your wallet is heavy you feel like you want to lighten it up then go ahead and go for CP's. But if getting the best bang for the buck is what your after then vitaras hand down.

Just for example, my buddy made 409WHP with his vitara setup and tracked it for 3+ years and when he sold the motor it still ran strong. This was back in the days when everyone just used the undersized 75mm vitaras with the .006 or more P2W.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
id go forged if you want to sleeve the block. stock block i would def. go with vitara and fj rods.
explain....

what will your wallet dictate? even tho the lower cr vitaras will give you more room to work with i personally would rather have forged bc they will take alot of abuse that the vitaras wont hold up too...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
explain....

what will your wallet dictate? even tho the lower cr vitaras will give you more room to work with i personally would rather have forged bc they will take alot of abuse that the vitaras wont hold up too...
i think vitaras will hold up fine with 400 and the block would go before the pistons/rods

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
has any reach a "limit" with what they could produce with vitara's? As far as abuse ive only heard one case of wrist pin area cracking on vitara's with 1000's running em.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ALWAYS go forged if you can afford it, really if you look at the big picture it's only a couple hundred more dollars. I will only ever go forged, money well spent

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
has any reach a "limit" with what they could produce with vitara's? As far as abuse ive only heard one case of wrist pin area cracking on vitara's with 1000's running em.
There's a limit to how high they can be revved (stress on the part/around the wrist pin as in the one thread, several people have had problems there). But if you keep detonation away, the sky is the limit. Although, if your spending enough money (on enough power) to break them, why not just go with Forged to begin with.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
The only real limit with Vitaras (aside from what sxysweed mentioned) is how much money you have to test them in your engine. (Meaning that can take a whole lot of power, and for that kind of power, you need to spend a good amount of money.)

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
862 Posts
Hey I'm Building A Y8, and my goal is 400hp I'm using H-beams but I was wondering if I should use Vitaras Or Spend more and get cp?
i am partial to arias pistons myself, but any forged piston is going to be the better choice, but as many have said, it all depends on how large of a budget you have. i myself don't like to have a budget, you almost never get by with what you think you will spend.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Any detonation whatsoever and they end up like this in a hurry:

It's not a problem specific to Vitaras, it's inherent in all cast pistons... They just do not like detonation and their ring lands are piss weak by comparison to a forged piston.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts