Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Try searching. There are alot of people running the vitara pistons on their boost d-series. It's been prove to hold a little over 450HP already.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i have a question as well. long term in mind, if im going to eventually try and put down high numbers would the SRP pistons be a better choice over the Vitaras? once you get around 450whp on the vitaras things can get "iffy" right? where as the SRPs are rated to 700whp. please correct me if my numbers are wrong too btw. I almost grabbed a set of Vitaras myself, until i toyed with the idea of one day putting down some monster power.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
i have a question as well. long term in mind, if im going to eventually try and put down high numbers would the SRP pistons be a better choice over the Vitaras? once you get around 450whp on the vitaras things can get "iffy" right? where as the SRPs are rated to 700whp. please correct me if my numbers are wrong too btw. I almost grabbed a set of Vitaras myself, until i toyed with the idea of one day putting down some monster power.
SRPs are "technically" rated at 100hp per piston, although they will hold a lot more than that.

its going to be a matter of preference mostly. Vitaras are cast and are not meant to have that much pressure on them, although they hold up quite well. SRP are the "low end" forged piston, and arent really used by guys that are shooting for over 450hp. personally, i went with the SRPs over the Vitaras. they are working great for me. i ran so lean on a mistake on my part with my last block that i had enough detonation to crack a sleeve almost the whole way down, but there was absolutely no pitting or and signs of detonation on the SRPs. i am actually using all 4 in my new block and they are working great. i honestly dont think a cast piston would have held up to that much neglect

·
Registered
59 Posts
Question are those prices for one piston and set of rings, or are those for the whole piston set? Which I am thinking are for four pistons and the parts for the four pistons (wrist locks, rings, etc..).

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Well if you want to put down more power than the vitaras can give then you need a sleeved block over 450 things can get a little iffy on the stock ones so...........
But that is crazy about the other guy that cracked a sleeve and didnt even hurt the pistons my next build Im gonna use something different but the vitaras are getting the job done for now

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i dont think that he is gonna put down more then 400whp. not everyone is going for the record of most HP vitara build ever. if you are looking to do some good numbers and have a fun and fast car use vitara's.

jamacian if you are talking about vitara's the are like 149 for the full set plus shipping

·
Registered
347 Posts
jamacian if you are talking about vitara's the are like 149 for the full set plus shipping

Unless you go through fjt. Then it would be more like 125,
plus shipping

·
Registered
315 Posts
will vitaras go right into the block with no modding?I want a turbo piston that I can drop in and do nothing else.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
correct just get the size that your bore is and get some rods and bang low comp pistons. with aftermarket rods you need to notch the block and sometimes the girdle

next month im putting in my order for some pistons and get my damn build off its ass and running

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
any word on the d16 rods that are longer and if they increase the compression back to stock with the vitara pistons>>>>>?????????????

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i haven't read anything about that yet i knew there we out but haven't found out anything about the the comp. lvl. where is FJT.

if someone reads this what is the XSpower website??? i need a new WG spring

1 - 20 of 33 Posts