21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
You should list what the piston diameter measures at the skirt, on Vitaras. Or at least on the standard 75mm. It might help with someone determining how much P2W clearance they might have, and whether they should run a 75.5 instead.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
To the Vitara Vets what other INFO needs to be added? I have noticed a decrease in repeated Vitara questions so Noobs must be clicking the link :bigok:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If can, add the Pistong ring gaps.. plenty repeat thread.. thanks
RE-READ post #1 there is a link. There is too many different opinions on ring gap due to the difference in builds. I have seen some goes as tight as .018 and some go as loose as .025. A good location is somewhere in between.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry didnt look very closely.. Thanks
It is all good man. :bigok: If anyone has anything to add PM me or just post it here.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
rep'ed for a newb who reads stickies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. I'm doing a build for my RT4WD wagon and I noticed that FJ is only doing pre-purchase buys now and the lead times are nearing 6-7 weeks from when the order is placed. I just missed the last order and don't really think it's worth saving $400 to wait 7+ weeks for this combo.

Are there places to get new/used rods and pistons for this build? (Obviously I can't view the for sale thread yet)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had two vitara builds with FJ H beams only had to notch block not gridle. But have any of you guys had to notch the piston? I'm talking about on the inside where the rod is connected. On the inside of the piston there is a ridge or hump that runs parallel with the wrist pin. Both sets I had to file down if not rod would hit. Holding piston in hand rod up rocking rod skirt to skirt you could feel it binding up not bad but you could feel it. not trying to thread jack! Just a problem I found with mind !!!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts