Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got vitara pistons eagle rods I'm taking the block to the shop do I need to sleeve or just bore it out? Going for 350whp

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Just have it bored or simply honed depending on what size pistons you ordered.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
75mm piston I just don't know what to say to the machine guy lol but I guess just a bore would be just fine and another question I was just going to throw a cam on the head a bisi 2.2 and get the head port and polished but my buddy said I won't hit 350whp is this true or am I right. Oh and this will be my dd

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
No problem mon! You can hit 350whp with bone stock intake parts. It just takes a bit of boost and gobs of fuel ^_- I would however not recommend boring if you are using a vitara 75mm. The ptw will be far too loose. Either just a light hone, or step up to a 75.5mm and bore accordingly.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
It's pretty important to get that stuff right.

You need to know the exact bore and wear in it before you order pistons so you know you can get the required piston to wall with your block and your pistons.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure if you need to notch the block you do that before the hone.

If you are going to have the machine shop do everything, just take in the block, pistons, rods, crank, and main cap(this may need notched as well).

Tell them what you want your piston to wall clearance to be. Most go with .003

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
..I was just going to throw a cam on the head a bisi 2.2 ..
fuck the bisi hype. There is a group buy for Delta cams. Get the Delta 272-2 and spend that extra cheese on some other shit

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
What type pistons?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I just don't know what tell shop so what do I do just take the pistons and block to him and he would know what to do

·
Registered
32 Posts
Take a piston with, and tell him you need to bore the block to fit the pistons.

What block is it? Has it around been notched to fit the aftermarket rods?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Take the pistons with you and tell him 0.0035" piston to wall.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I know the rule is 0.001 for every 100hp, but I think real requirements drop off a bit after about 250 to 300hp. You certainly don't need 0.007" for 700hp

It where really 450 he might want 0.004"

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
I have a t3 t4 turbo would that be enough
when is people gonna realize that this(in bold above) that a t3/t4 turbo is only referring to the flange size? or am i just a fucking tard?

to answere your question .0035 p2w(Piston Too(2) Wall) clearance is gonna be perty much where you need it.. It wont be to bad on the piston slap but remember if you get bit by the boost bug and wanna push 400+ you might run into problems... maybe

now you need to find a turbo for what you want.. ie- auto x, drag, street, etc. a turbo thats rated for 400hp is not gonna spool like one that is rated for, lets say 250.

here since im in a semi spoonfeeding mood, these are all good reads, the 3rd one is whats gonna help you choose the right turbo for your goals

http://www.d-series.org/forums/archived-technical-info-posts/33854-turbochargers-design-related-parts-real-good-info.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/archived-technical-info-posts/75309-turbo-tech-101-102-103-a.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/archived-technical-info-posts/90422-compressor-map-reading-dummies.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/archived-technical-info-posts/14212-turbo-faq.html

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
fuck the bisi hype. There is a group buy for Delta cams. Get the Delta 272-2 and spend that extra cheese on some other shit
meh i wouldnt go that far i have reason to believe the LSA on the bisi cam and the 272-2 differ, due to the 272-2 being limited to the stock cam profile, and the 2.4 being a so called "billet"...

wish i had a 2.4 to compare to...

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
true vitaras are 74.9mm. and sloppy in a stock bore. they will work fine of course, but it would be better to change to 75.5mm vitaras!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts