Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 civic hatchback
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my first vitara engine and I cant find anyone selling the custom length rods 138.63mm. Some background I'm building a d16z6 bottom end with y7 head, and using e85 my goal is 450whp but I'm willing to compromise. So what I've been able to figure out is p2p is out of stock and I cant get a response via email or phone. FJT is long out of business. Rcautoworks said they are back ordered with no eta. Eagles only makes stock length and 143mm which is way to long. I found a kit on ebay but its the same price as cp pistons and eagle rods. Oh and skunk2 is also out of stock. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but have they ceased production of these rods or do i need to be patient. It's really killing me right know i have everything ready to go to the machine shop but I'm scared to start anything in case i have to change it up and go with stock rod length. I really don't want to spend all that extra $ when vitara has been proven to do the job for half the price. Hopefully you guys can give me some advice.

·
Registered
95 Eg 4 door
25 Posts
Maybe you guys might know this but im doing a z6 turbo build and im going with 75mm vitara pistons and wondering what rods if should go with for stock crank/block/head? thanks

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
The ebay store they have shows $999 but the website list it still for $375 for the kit.

You can always call/email them directly:

Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (630) 465-0669

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't have any . . . I could have sworn I had a set at one point before I settled on d17 pistons and e13 rods.

Guess the wholesale guys don't have enough orders to meet minimum quantity from whoever is making them.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
There you go, thanks BeerDrinkin! I might pick me up a set as backup before they go extinct.
We'd be able to get them again, it would just have to be a group buy deal . . . they can still get them it just looks like this particular rod is no longer being kept in stock by whatever Chinese manufacturer is making them

·
Registered
88 civic hatchback
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a response from skunk2 today via email and he said "These are back ordered out until the middle of the month to the end of the month sir." We'll just have to be patient. Makes me wonder if we will see p2po and rcautoworks stocking back up about the same time. Also how is the skunk2 alpha rod I couldn't find any reviews on them.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Shit, I remember even back when I was building my CRX in the prime of DSO, the custom length 138's were tough to get hold of. I don't know how much it's changed over the years, but I hope you can find them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a response from skunk2 today via email and he said "These are back ordered out until the middle of the month to the end of the month sir." We'll just have to be patient. Makes me wonder if we will see p2po and rcautoworks stocking back up about the same time. Also how is the skunk2 alpha rod I couldn't find any reviews on them.
I contacted Rcautoworks but haven't heard back yet. Lucky for me this is a slow build so time is on my side...

We may end up standard length:TD:

·
Registered
88 civic hatchback
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I contacted Rcautoworks but haven't heard back yet. Lucky for me this is a slow build so time is on my side...

We may end up standard length:TD:
last time i talked with rcautoworks he has them on backorder with no eta

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
None of these companies are going to waste money buying d series parts. They're all made in China and the junk2 rods are ripoffs of the original modified length rods. If you all are interested I could get 5 sets made a whole lot sooner than you'll get them from anywhere else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts