Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
vw polo+austin mini
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am putting my y7 vitara build back together just going to get the head skimmed it has eagle rods so i think it will be around 7-7.5:1 and was wanting a bit more cr and im wondering what people have done and what they would advise ?

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
i got my block decked and bored over .20
Same.

OP, there is a d-series compression calc somewhere online.

What size HG are you going to use?
Are you sure that the Eagle/Vitara will bring your CR to 7.5:1?
How can you verify that?

·
Registered
944 Posts
why do you want higher CR? you are building a turbo motor, arent you?
:3dtard:
with 7 i would not even think about to use that thing daily

i was told the best setup is one with a littlebit lower CR to keep everything together but still high enough to guide the engine out of the ,,valley of lag,,

just my two cent

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
what do you guys think about forged rods and pistons for a 10.5:1 boosted build?
I think you should start your own thread and quit jacking. To the OP like transzex said you could get the longer rods from FJ Distributors

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
753 Posts
+3 on the FJ rods.. eagles are overkill if you're running vitaras..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
what do you guys think about forged rods and pistons for a 10.5:1 boosted build?
have fun getting traction.......

SRP + Eagles @ 10.5:1 = 450 whp if you can feed the motor.

I think the del Sol needs to go for a drive before the roads get salted.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

i was told the best setup is one with a littlebit lower CR to keep everything together but still high enough to guide the engine out of the ,,valley of lag,,

just my two cent
you must not know how to drive. my turbo doesnt spool till 5500-6000rpm and i have no lag what so ever. the gears are there for a reason.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts

just my two cent
lol, You know how many people drive Vitara motors daily with that low of compression? Trust me, you don't even notice it

·
Registered
944 Posts
you must not know how to drive. my turbo doesnt spool till 5500-6000rpm and i have no lag what so ever. the gears are there for a reason.
No shit sherlock?

than you serious suck and have no life:yes:

cause you tell me that you have to drive your Turbo like a NA

FUCKIN FAIL

:pinch:

lol, You know how many people drive Vitara motors daily with that low of compression? Trust me, you don't even notice it
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCC LOL
A friend and me build one time a VW with such low comp and even with a tiny K04 was the car a ship to drive until we reach 4K

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
People are repeatedly reporting having more power tuned on a lower cr than when they were stock. Not dissin, just schoolin.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I know this has been said before but didn't somebody on here drive a tuned yet unboosted vitara motor for while and it was fine?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
I know this has been said before but didn't somebody on here drive a tuned yet unboosted vitara motor for while and it was fine?
yes the guy just made a tread recently about the sound of the motor tick fromt eh vitaras. and it had 10k on it unboosted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts