Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well a few weeks ago I wanted to do a y5 head swap on my D15B2 in my 89 civic sedan. scratch all that and a bag of chips. I just landed a great job last week and allready have a Z6 lined up. I plan on building a motor that is both reliable that I can take to my car clubs meets sometime more than an hour away, but still be able to open a can-o-whoop ass if I have to =] I am new to motor building but this would be the place and time to screw things up. My friend is building a Vitara Z6 right now also and he is more than willing to help me out. This is what I am thinking so far..

75.5 Vitaras
Eagle Rods
Complete motor rebuild, water pump, bearings, Timing belt, all seals...
38mm Tial waste gate
HKS SSQ BOV
2.5 piping
Ebay Front mount
Water/meth injection
Crower stage 2 turbo cam
AEM cam gear
Upgrade ignition with external blaster MSD
Edlebrock intake manifold
Ramhorn exhaust manifold
Ebay T3/T4
and I have NO idea about tuning it. Should I take it somewhere to get done or are there noob friendly ones such as the S300 or Crome

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
-go with the fjt rods, they will make up for the drop in compression the vitaras create
-----eagles+vitaras = 7:5:1
-----fjt+vitaras = 9:5:1(stock)
-you will need some injectors, I sudgest 700cc +
-DO NOT get an ebay ramhorn exhaust, it WILL crack, and soon. Go with the ebay drag style cast mani
----- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Civic-Integra-Cast-Iron-Manifold-T3-D15-D16-35mm-38mm_W0QQitemZ120371093605QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120371093605&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318
-water/meth injection isnt necessary
-stock ignition is fine up to 500whp+
-intake mani isnt necassary, but a nice addition
-tune it on crome, but take it somewhere, have it proffesionally tuned on a dyno

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the help i really appreciate it. but is there anymore work you think to the head that should be done or am I ok with just the cam and cam gear. I didn't plan on an ebay ramhorn lol that I was actually going to spend alot of money on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts