Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Well my build is done. due to lack of turbo parts and while breaking the motor in, I've decided to run the build for awhile before slapping the turbo kit on.
I do have some questions about running the motor na.
Here are the details about my motor:
Y8 long block with 75.5 bore
P2w is .0045
Bearing clearance came out green combo'd with eagle h beam and vitaras
Head with a mild port assembled with delta 272-2, supertech valve springs and retainers.

My questions are
Is the car suppose to be super slow? (I was expecting it to be slow but not slower than my stock y7)
Are the pistons suppose to make a louder noise while in high rpm?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thx! DSO

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
.0045? holy shit......

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That is normal p2w if he's going for higher Hp. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
I can imagine it being really doggish with that kind of compression, but some on here say they run good without boost. IDK. I do not have first hand experience.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Ehh... i hear .001 for every 100 hp, but the pistons are not forged, they wont expand that much. I may be mistaken as well, but that just seems awfully high. Not to mention he is NA right now...... I will be pushing my vitara build at .002 to about 300whp....

My thoughts are hes loosing power from lack of compression, and its noisy from the loose clearance....

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Again to each there own. I believe JFK made just over 400 whp @ .0025. I would like to keep some longevity, however wether or not i think hes right, i do think its causing his issues. Until he puts the turbo on, and gets some heat into the cylinders.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I would have said 0.0035" to 0.004" for 400hp.

Turboed or not, that clearance will rattle or slap when cold or when cruising light throttle.

The low compression will really suck when it comes to NA power

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have said 0.0035" to 0.004" for 400hp.

Turboed or not, that clearance will rattle or slap when cold or when cruising light throttle.

The low compression will really suck when it comes to NA power
Yeah I should've gone with a .0035 with the clearance now I do notice the slap from the pistons, also it does really suck on driving it na.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The ranges of P2W vary about as much as break in procedure. To each there own, GL OP.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome to the ultra low compression without a power adder. It's something else.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm gonna drop mine in and run NA for a few weeks for break-in. Ill tell ya how mine feels. Speed factory put out 120 who on there vitara/eagle NA with just a intake and cam, so should feel about like stock

·
Registered
44 Posts
See when I was going to rebuild turbo my single before I sold it off I was going to put it all in together. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference but I wanted to break it all in together. Good luck merging :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts