Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Vitaras work with almost every aftermarket rod.

That price is a ripoff for bootleg ass ching chang meow rods. You can get a FJ custom length combo for like $420. Bearings don't cost that much money, I'm sure if you ordered from FJ they would hook you up on a combo.

Stay away from shady ebay shiz

·
Registered
18 Posts
fj is not taking orders right now. apparently their shop was broken into. fuck them thieves! wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing? as far as the custom length rods and vitaras. maybe have to wait. hear too many good things about fj

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Pretty much, was not aware of fjs situation. Rc is always good to deal with... Again, stay away from eBay rods lol

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
We get about 3 phone calls on average about them daily, so if you have questions feel free to give us a call. 708 599 5884, I just don't see the sense of running eagle and having compression that low.

·
Registered
ej8
24 Posts
i bought vitara pistons and fj rods with acl bearings for 515 shipped
put my compression at 8.6:1 with oem headgasket
still waiting to put motor in but im going for 300 whp

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
found these at rc...
RCAutoworks
not too bad of a price
thank 2drz6
no problem, btw i havent done business with them but they are great people to deal with from what they have helped me out with. Hope all works out

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
The ones in the eBay link, with the ACL race's are P2P0 rods.
ACL Race bearings are kinda costly, you can find king bearings for ~$50.
and if the OP searches around a bit he will understand why king would be a "better" route to go

·
Registered
852 Posts
and if the OP searches around a bit he will understand why king would be a "better" route to go
I found some posts

Theyre made from a "stiffer" material, you can visably see the heat treating or whatever the hell they do. Im still a fan of OEM over anything, like I said the only reason Iran them (ACLs) on my mains was I had some and it saved me 100 bux on the build. Eagle actualy states in thr literature that they reccomend using OEM bearings ONLY on their rods... Not syaing that ACLs wont work, but of the people Ive heard spinning bearings WAY more often theyre ACLS... and of those MOST are rod bearings.

I did my math very carefully to get the spec I wanted, and even had to get my brand new rods resized on the big end a few tenths of a thou to get everything perfect, but in my experience that kind of attention to detail is what makes or breaks a hi HP builds reliability.

Moreso than what bearing you may choose to run.
I've read that the "hard" material doesn't trap particles that may harm your crank, IIRC.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts