Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
yep this just looks like an aluminum rod used for tig welding, basically the same process as brazing, you heat the base metal up nice and hot then apply the braze. just curious what your trying to use this for?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Who ever they got brazing that shit, is a pro. I couldnt do that with a million tries and all the patience in the world.

See how it doesnt fall through the holes? That is soo hard to do!! Amazing heat control.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Who ever they got brazing that shit, is a pro. I couldnt do that with a million tries and all the patience in the world.

See how it doesnt fall through the holes? That is soo hard to do!! Amazing heat control.
Yeah was gonna say, welding is easier than this looks haha. When he was repairing the end tank on that cooler I was expecting the puddle to just drop.

I've done some brazing before, just steel plates, shit ain't easy.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
shits been around for ages
its just a low temperature alum rod

Im guessing retards will buy them from vibrant at 500% inflation

should cost 10 bucks
Just like this guy did.. turned a 2.99 can of undercoating into a moneymaker

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Someday I was considering getting into welding but if this works.... thats probably way cheaper...
i would advise buying a cheap arc welder and starting there, watch lots of youtube videos if you have no one to teach you because i guarantee this is not as easy as the video looks. if you want a versatile product "like" this then try brazing, its the same process using a bronze filler rod coated in flux and you can join dissimilar metals with a pretty strong bond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts