Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think this is my first post here :)

Anyway, my problem is my rear suspension is terribly loud. Its lowered with eibach springs and tokico shocks. I believe it has poly bushings (at least some) and upper and lower rear tower braces. This is the way I purchased the car many years ago.

It was always loud, but it seems to be getting more so. The sounds are a faint squeaking and loud groaning/creaking sounds when I go over any sort of bumps or shift the cars weight in corners.

What could be causing this terrible sound? Worn bushings? Loose brace? Car breaking in half?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
needs lubed yearly, or the polys are worn out from not getting greased yearly.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
sounds when I go over any sort of bumps or shift the cars weight in corners.

What could be causing this terrible sound? Worn bushings? Loose brace? Car breaking in half?
thats what i would guess... time for a new car...

:yes:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Hey guys, I think this is my first post here :)

Anyway, my problem is my rear suspension is terribly loud. Its lowered with eibach springs and tokico shocks. I believe it has poly bushings (at least some) and upper and lower rear tower braces. This is the way I purchased the car many years ago.

It was always loud, but it seems to be getting more so. The sounds are a faint squeaking and loud groaning/creaking sounds when I go over any sort of bumps or shift the cars weight in corners
your trailing arm bushing is bad,it sound just like u describe on my bad trailing arm bushing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, getting it up on a lift to check the things you all mentioned. Are trailing arm bushings hard to replace? Any special tools I need?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
OK, getting it up on a lift to check the things you all mentioned. Are trailing arm bushings hard to replace? Any special tools I need?
the way i found out was my trailing arm bushing is unbolt it from the camber and move side to side up and down on the trailing arm and you most likely hear the pop or some crap.

this tool here would help u out a lot on extracting it and installing.

·
D-Series Rally Man
Mitsubishi/Hondas
843 Posts
Go round all of your rear bushes and lever against them with a crowbar to check theyre movement, Should be the same on each opposite bush on both sides of the car, if not you know ones shot. Greasing them all the time doesnt always work sometimes they do squeak and theres nothing you can do about it trust me i know Lol Thats just with polybushes tho

Turn the stereo up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I lubed them up this weekend and the noise subsided considerably. The clacking and squeaking has become much quieter, but the creaking/groaning is still there. I have to get it up on my friends lift soon and check it out. Thanks for all the help. Im sure ill be back to post my findings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lubed it up even for with this thick super slick stuff on a lift. The creaking is almost totally gone now. I hope I don't have to do this every month, its a pain in the ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts