Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal to have very little metal shaving in oil?

today when i change my oil it only came out 1qt or less and i see very tiny metal shaving but not alot.
like those sprinkle glider.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
I'd say get a magnetic drain plug from mf at the very least. start trying to figure out where all your oil is going. if you can solve that problem it'll probably show you why you have metal in there.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ah, yeah...you might have bigger problems than just glitter in the oil.
it wasn't a lot just like few.
motor still run strong,as of why my motor had like 1qt or less because my rear main seal is going bad so it drip oil like 4 drops or so not like pouring and crap.

but i haven't change my oil for a long time thats why it was 1qt or less.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,102 Posts
change that seal out, do an oil change, install a magnetic plug, and then pet her and say youre sorry. ha
Hah! Make it sincere too!

One quart!? If you've got a leak like that (which I've had worse),
you gotta add some oil even if you have to steal it, my man.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Pistons rings worns and maybe starting eating the sleeves ? Look also in this direction because that engine burns oil...

Transex is also right about the mains and rods bearings.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
drop the pan......inspect pickup and all 10 bearings

Screw that you can't hurt a d-series. Refill the oil, run the bitch till she knocks. Keep on running the bitch until she locks up or throws a rod. I bet neither will happen :yes: I've had less than a quart come out. Not even registered on the dipstick and I ran it like that for at least another 2 months. Too lazy to buy oil, shitload of miles on the engine and I didnt care if it blew up. But that sob wouldn't give in.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
^^ I hear you.
My old winter beater had a B7 in it and I did everything I could to purposely blow it up for the last 2 months I drove it. And she was still ticking the day I dumped her.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
why is it that when we try to kill it it wont die and when we baby it it rips it's soul out? haha. some motors are dirty sluts and some are prood sunday school cunts!

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Whew. I dont feel to bad bout revvin to 8k lol Oops, forgot to set the rev limiter.....

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Are ytou sure its just that seal leakin? How long has it been since you checked/changed it last?

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Mine burns oil. I've run it pretty low.

Never given me any trouble. Just keep it full of oil.

Sounds like you ran it too low and the rings ate away at the walls a little bit. Which will make it burn oil more.

Keep oil in it.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are ytou sure its just that seal leakin? How long has it been since you checked/changed it last?
never change the seal since i bought the car like 5years ago,yes i'm sure its the rear main seal,i know my stuff.
car is not burning oil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts