Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, the car I picked up just two days ago is an '88 CRX (DX--D15B2 correct). I'm going to turn this car into a lightweight auto-x/track mobile. I've already ordered some things from Ebay including lots of suspension parts, some cosmetics. I've got my eye on a Z6 complete head swap.

Now, the battery is not looking good, the car sat for awhile and didn't get to much playing time before I picked it up. Suggestions on a batt.

2) Sounds like there is some misfiring or maybe a fuel pump problem. I planned on replacing the spark plugs anyway with Denso's or NGK's( I will not be going F/I--at least not for awhile) Suggestions on sparks.

3) If I didn't do the swap, and decided to rebuild the existing engine--this is a work in progress/project car and will be the first time I've really done any wrenching. . .ANd wanted to go F/I later--what is available for a D15B2. I couldn't seem to find too much of anything.

4) If I do the Z6 head swap, what options for F/I will I have afterwards.

I can't think of what else to ask, I'll stop there. BTW, this is a great site. Informative, and I haven't seen too much flaming/BS going on. Everyone seems to be pretty serious. Awesome.

-Chet

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i'm with sqad. i would say do an entire swap -- preferably a z6. this will give you more options down the road. they're cheap, popular for parts, and take well to boost, if you so choose to go boost down the road. the only thing i would say is to kind of decide whether you want to go boost or not. because if you don't, then you can buy things like a header and not have to worry about selling it later.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thesqad127 said:
just a suggestion - you might wanna look for a complete a6 , might be a better base to start with
this is probably the cheapest and easiest COMPLETE swap to go with. get the a6 motor and an si tranny to go with it. can stay obd0 and using the si ecu is a simple plug-in. no obd changes or rpm activated switches. very easy. can always go up from there like puttin a z6 head on the a6 if you want

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a DX. . .I picked up an Si tranny today off of Ebay!! Lucky find really. So the A6 full swap is the suggestion. . .Well, I don't know for sure about that one and the reason I say that is I've already purchased a race header for the current engine. I probably jumped the gun a little. . .I wasn't really wanting to swap. Cheap, but lots of work is the way I wanted to go. Although the a6 swap is pretty cheap route aye??

Okay. Thanks for the comments and info guys. I'll see if I can come up with some more questions.

·
0 Posts
ya you better hope itts an 88 si tranny casue you wont be able to use it otherwise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts