Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this post is just me being amazed that this was possible. Maybe some others have seen this or worse. When I got my car from the original owner (my brother-in-law) many moons ago, it need a clutch. When I was replacing the clutch I found a baseball sized rock nestled between the radiator and front bumper. There was a dent in the front of the radiator, but it didn't seem too bad. So I ran it as is. That was almost 10 years ago.

I just pulled my radiator to replace it with one from Go-Autoworks, and a slim fan to clear my downpipe/o2 sensor. I guess the back of the radiator showed the dent more than the front, but I could never see it cause the fan covered it. The fan just barely cleared the bump, but didn't hit it at all.

Front

Back

I never had any overheating issues, it never leaked a drop of coolant. Nothing. Personally I'm amazed, and I feel this is a testament to Honda's quality/good design, and the reason these cars last forever.

That's all :joint:

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
I had a pretty hefty dent in my rad when I wrecked as well never leaked a drop. The AC condensor however was done for and looked about as bad as your rad so you definitely got a trooper there looks like.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I wanna photo shop a face coming out of that now, too busy at work.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty cool, but I'm more impressed that you've had your Civic for a decade.
Is it that uncommon to have a civic that long? Haha. My brother-in-law bought it new off the lot in 97. I got it from him at around 170k miles, needed a clutch and some other stuff, that was in about 2006. I drove it to 300k miles and then bought a blown up Z6, rebuilt it, and swapped out the Y5. Now its got 350k miles on it. Been to 42 states. Shooting for 49 (yes, I'm planning to drive to Alaska).

I wanna photo shop a face coming out of that now, too busy at work.
It reminds me of the xenomorph's that burst out of people's chests/stomachs in the movie Alien a little bit, haha.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
That OE radiator is so thin, it's amazing it stayed together. Most seem to have the issue with the plastic end tanks developing cracks before anything else. Ask me how I know. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts