Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a complete OEM Honda LSD unit?
If so, is there any available rebuild kits for the thing in case it's not prefect? Are there any trannys this WILL NOT fit into?

Thanks!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
hope you got the axles and countershaft to match the ZC LSD.

·
Registered
949 Posts
lol

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hope you got the axles and countershaft to match the ZC LSD.
So, I was told this was pulled from an EG tranny... You say it's for a ZC tranny? Then which models or model years? And what's the countershaft...half-shaft?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So, I was told this was pulled from an EG tranny... You say it's for a ZC tranny? Then which models or model years? And what's the countershaft...half-shaft?

Thanks in advance!
In other countries the EG came with a ZC, and some of the ones in Japan had an optional LSD

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
How many teeth on the ring gear?????

without the matching pinion gear/Counter shaft, you have a nice paper weight.

68/16 would be my guess :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an LSD in my car and the trans is out of a 6th Gen Civic VTi. Transzex said to find the matching axles. I was able to use the stock axles from my 5th gen DX non LSD trans and it works fine. Maybe there is something I should know about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah the tranny in my car is a 95 vti hydro zc...which when i counted the gears found out it was basicaly an si w/out lsd:\ but i do know someone running 400+hp on a jdm hydro zc w/stock honda lsd. so dont be worried about if its strong enough or not... btw, happy new years:)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, according to the info provided the LSD was removed from a CTR EG from Japan. Here some addtional pics...

I'd have to assume this has the 16 teeth ring gear you mentioned above, until I hear back from the seller... If 5th gen DX axles work, then how about 5th gen VX axles? Same spline? If the axles are able to work, then I'd need to find a pinion gear/counter shaft to place in there as well? What does one of those look like? Specific page on the Helms manual to point me to?

Thanks for helping out a total tranny noob here!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did not know they made a CTR in an EG. I thought they started CTR's on the EK platform. Also if it is a CTR wouldn't it be a B series engine. The only EG that I know of that was in Japan and had a D is the VTi. But I could be wrong

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just talked to a friend of mine that deals with alot of Honda's and he said there was never a EG CTR unless the person did the swap themselves.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think that L21 # on there will tell you something. I'd guess it's a LSD from a JDM EG with the DOHC ZC. They are fairly rare and even more so with LSD tranny, but if you don't have the axles and intermediate shaft that's a problem.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm hearing that the part is super rare... But along with that is the fact that the accompanying parts won't be available. So why buy it right? Oh well... It was worth a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Thats not the same as the LSD diff that came out of the DOHC JDM Cable ZC tranny I have in the garage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts