Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a carbon fiber VENTED hood for my EJ. I am currently looking at the VIS evo style. What do you guys think about it on a civic? Would you consider it rice? The reason I ask is this: The big vent is right around the area where my snail is, so it would work great in releasing heat. Also the vent comes with a cover(for rainy days). I think depending on the car, it would look good. I looked at other styles and they have no way of keep rain/moisture out of the engine bay..... thoughts? Thanks!

1996-1998 Honda Civic HB/2dr/4dr EVO Carbon Fiber Hood Vis Racing Sports Inc.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
rice to me, its rasied up an shit. get the one that has the vent facing driver, but all the way up at front of hood near turbo. it looks stock besides that.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic
582 Posts
meh... its not my thing but it doesnt look to bad... lol and who cares if people think its rice... if you got a nice turbo setup then people wont ever see it til you stop anyways lol

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
personally i like the oem look but if you paint it to match the car so its not so "look at me" flashy then it would prolly look good.

i've been considering this myself cuz i dont want the gas in the float bowls boiling while sitting in vegas traffic during the summer. i would consider this mod function over form if it lets the car run.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
i remember that civic from a long time ago. it still makes me want to remove my eyeballs after looking at it.

about vented hoods. i hate the way they look but if it helps you in the end with releasing heat from your engine bay....go for it. function>form

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
can have my old one

200 bones worked really well drawing air away from the snail its VIS

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Im thinking about making my own vented hood out of my stock one.. getting some small mesh and tack welding it on and cutting out some small holes would look pretty slick.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im thinking about making my own vented hood out of my stock one.. getting some small mesh and tack welding it on and cutting out some small holes would look pretty slick.
yeah I looked at the link Jeezy posted... its a cool mod... but I think I really just want a new carbon hood.... something different...

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Se the link below and look up "Naca duct". I posted about them in that link also.
yeah I looked at the link Jeezy posted... its a cool mod... but I think I really just want a new carbon hood.... something different...
Yeah, in that thread we mainly discussed using an OEM hood for the purpose of venting. CF works to for the "lighter" more weightless version od ducting or venting. We all know that I am all about venting and drawing out heat when it comes to engine temps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts