Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright well, i just bought some supertech springs and retainers.

i took them to the builder and he said that i may want to look into titanuim keepers....ive never heard of people running titanium keepers, only retainers. i mean everytime you see an upgraded valvetrain, you see aftermarket springs and retainers....not keepers.

i need some help

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's nice, but not needed...
well, i am shooting for 300-320whp.....i have aftermarket springs and retainers with a skunk2 cam. i need to know if i need these....i really dont want to drop a valve.

i cant even find a place to buy them...

and just so everyone knows......im talking about the half moon wedges that hold and retain the valve.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You can use the stock keepers. They hardly fail if ever. Not an issue at all

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i was asking because with a bogger cam and stiffer springs, isnt more stress going to be put on them. I understand people are making more power than i will be with stock heads, but thats just it, the springs and cam are stock. with keeping the stock keepers, but upgrading to stiffer springs and a larger cam, wouldnt that be a concern.....

can anyone post a link as to where i can buy some.....thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone for the inputs..........i dont even know how much they cost or where i could even buy them at.

i guess i have some thinking to do on wheter i want to spend the money or not on them.

thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.