Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just started tearing into my d16z6 today... and made a great find :biggrin: it already has ARP head studs and i only paid $140 for the engine... so that was good news

so i looked around thinking if there are ARP studs then someone must have done something else to it... the only other thing that i noticed was the valve springs were marked with pink paint stuff? any chance they could be aftermarket? if so what brand do you think they are thanks

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
So i just started tearing into my d16z6 today... and made a great find :biggrin: it already has ARP head studs and i only paid $140 for the engine... so that was good news

so i looked around thinking if there are ARP studs then someone must have done something else to it... the only other thing that i noticed was the valve springs were marked with pink paint stuff? any chance they could be aftermarket? if so what brand do you think they are thanks
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap. I didn't think there were any Honda Lovers in The twin citys :punk:

At least there weren't when I was down there. :shoot:

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I think the stock springs came with painted coils...like orange or maybe the pink you speak of. But nice job on the "free" ARPs!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap. I didn't think there were any Honda Lovers in The twin citys :punk:

At least there weren't when I was down there. :shoot:
haha yeah there are a few turbo b series... and some all nitrious b series...

I'm the only one doing a boosted D :blue:

Yeah i wasn't sure if stock valvesprings had paint

and thanks guys... i will work on getting a couple pics up of my tear down and build up... o and is a ball honer the best for honing a d series or is there a better way?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
naw....u can tell if they are stock springs or not....aftermarket are way beefier! springs are usually marked with paint.
Yeah i was just wondering what the stock color paint is lol....

krychek57 thanks man yeah i will definitely let you know.

O are there any ever meet ups or anything?

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
my bet is that the springs you have are oem.

if you're interested in getting way stronger springs/retainers kms are the way to go.

they're excellent and affordable.

check them out at fjdistributors.com

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my bet is that the springs you have are oem.

if you're interested in getting way stronger springs/retainers kms are the way to go.

they're excellent and affordable.

check them out at fjdistributors.com
Would they work well with a Zex 105300 cam?

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
check your pm, anomymoussquid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts