Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I recieved my stage 2 crower cam from Greg. Im also gonna get supertech valve spring and retainers, so today I went to local harbor freight store and bought me a $9 top head valve spring compressor and dissable my valve spring, spring and retainer for the first time. So much easier than wat I expect it to be, well anywaise are the supertech spring going to be just as easy or a little more difficult to compress? Another question is I notice that the valve guid won't come out is that an issue or just leave it as it is, it has no issue before dissable.

·
Registered
721 Posts
valve guides are pressed in so if they come out on a cold disassembly than you have issues lol, and I doubt you will have any troubles putting the new ones in its a pretty straight forward job, just be careful when putting the keepers back in...I was using my own hillbilly rig of a tool trying to compress the valve by hand and put keepers in once and I slipped, sending one of them 30 feet across the shop, took me an hour to find it.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was quoted $400 for parts and installed on my head but damnes thats freaking $100 for labor, so decided to do it myself. Not much have happen, just doing some pratice to get use to on a spare head so I can get ready when my order of the supertech valve and retainers come in. I'll take pics when doing the actuall install.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, I spent $12 on my Craftsmen OHSC...done 3 full head rebuilds (minus guides) and works like a charm!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts