Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on replacing my stem seals and lapping the valves, when I noticed that the new seals were slightly different from each other. 8 of them have silver springs and 8 have black springs. Does that mean one set goes on the intake and the other the exhaust valves? Which is which? They all came in one package

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I figured. Anyway, I noticed they didn't want to go on, so I grabbed another set from one of my top end kits, and the A1/DOHC ZC seals are different from the other D16 seals, which are what came in my eBay rebuild kit. Just an FYI if you buy the kit. Anyway, I'm having more trouble actually compressing the springs and removing the keepers than anything. the DOHC head has no room for the spring tool, and compresses it sideways so it pops off easy. And, even if I get it down, the keepers are frozen to the valves, so they're near impossible to get off. I've been working for over an hour and have gotten two done, but that exhaust valve I lapped looks pretty good :p

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
You're lucky, both of my full gasket kits don't have different colors. So I did this whole long thread about it; and the difference is so minuscule, that I don't think it'll really matter.

Good luck on the compressing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts