and which Valve springs should i use?
i have been looking around I am not trying to spend
a whole lot of cash
Thanks Yall
k

·
Registered
33 Posts
i always like eagle rods and supertech dual springs. in my engine right now i have eagle rods and jge valve springs. if im not mistake the stock spring rate is 120 lb and the jge one i bought are 180 lbs. they were a pain to put in too due to the higher spring rate.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks anybody else?
any websites,ect

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
No real need for dual springs on a single cam though.... Might save a little money going single spring...

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
i got all my stuff off ebay. from the stores cause they are all usually bnib. and its usually cheaper than other places.
Oh great ... Another ebay racer..... Look I will sell you a sticker that will give you 26.3hp to the wheels... For only $.99 + $40 for shipping.... Are you really that stupid??? Do you actually know what you got from egay????

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
yea i wouldnt buy engine internal parts from ebay. i bought my shocks from ebay because its a little harder to counterfeit shocks that internals because not a lot of people know the difference of internals.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
you get what you pay for with ebay, only 1 good outcome of an ebay buy for me and that was my AGX shocks, everything else ive gotten from ebay was a bad idea, so you could say i learned my lesson a while back, no more ebay for me :TD:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol ...
ok so what are some good springs?
how has cheap good rods

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Just to add some fun to the thread, someone tried buying TCP Vitaras on ebay, ended up with something completely different. I think this was, what? 3-4 months ago?

Check your parts, make sure they are stamped with the right codes...

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah sohcinwa i must be that dumb cause while you are paying full price for the same stuff i can get im paying less than you are. i agree there are alot of scammers on ebay but if you know what you are looking for and know what you are doing, than ebay can be a good place. pretty hard to counterfeit eagle rods i think. maybe the springs but when they come in the original box unopened, well whatever you catch my drift.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
yeah sohcinwa i must be that dumb cause while you are paying full price for the same stuff i can get im paying less than you are. i agree there are alot of scammers on ebay but if you know what you are looking for and know what you are doing, than ebay can be a good place. pretty hard to counterfeit eagle rods i think. maybe the springs but when they come in the original box unopened, well whatever you catch my drift.
I pay full price???? Son you need to do your homework..... I can promise you that you pay twice as much for parts as I do...

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Don....Dumb, don't you know who he is...... He's the mother fucking juggernaut bitch..... While you shop on ebay for deals, he knows the guys making the parts on a first name basis and probably see's the parts before you even know they exist. I think we can derive from that who really pays less. STFU try not to talk about things you know nothing about.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
man u need to stfu unless u kno what ur talkin about n00b.. don knos a million times more then you do. you need to keep your mouth shut or your stay will be short!

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Holy fuck your a tool!
Don Juan is the fucking man! You can't come on here disrepecting OG's and expect to get away with it. Please do us all a favour and go to HT and stay there!:fag:

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Holy fuck your a tool!
Don Juan is the fucking man! You can't come on here disrepecting OG's and expect to get away with it. Please do us all a favour and go to HT and stay there!:fag:
hahaha :TU:

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
ok so i am buying my parts for my turbo build
d16a6
i will be running vitara pistons
Which rods should i use
and which Valve springs should i use?
i have been looking around I am not trying to spend
a whole lot of cash
Thanks Yall
k
Which parts to buy will depend alot upon your power goals. If you only plan to hit the 300whp range then here's what I'd do:

Vitara Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP Rod and Head Bolts

Other than that you should be fine using stock components for the head unless an aftermarket cam is in the picture. There is another member on here who was making 406whp iirc on a Z6 w/ the stock cylinder head.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Which parts to buy will depend alot upon your power goals. If you only plan to hit the 300whp range then here's what I'd do:

Vitara Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP Rod and Head Bolts

Other than that you should be fine using stock components for the head unless an aftermarket cam is in the picture. There is another member on here who was making 406whp iirc on a Z6 w/ the stock cylinder head.
X2......:TU:.. If you plan on only making 200+hp, You dont need to change much at all..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts