Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, when i disassembled my head i didnt bother marking which springs were intake and which were exhaust. they both looked the same, dimension wise, so i jut threw them all in a bag and called it good. now i come to reassemble the head, and some of the spring have yellow paint on them and some dont. according to hondaautomotiveparts.com, they are also different part #s....

which is intake, and which is exhaust? damn...

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
Hmm . . . mine off my PM6 head look exactly the same. Guess you need to find someone with a valve spring pressure tester . . . couldn't even guess which side would need more on the seat.

You do remember which side is top though right?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i pulled the VC off my spare a6, and the yellow ones were intakes.

measured them again(did it by eye the first time) and they were definately different

thanks guys :TU:

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Any vtec intake springs are stronger than exhaust, core of coil bind is .018 beefer. It's where you can get something stronger maybe 10-15% even more if you put shim under but take really care to check coil binding when valve is wide open.

I put 2 set of 8 intake valve spring instead of y7 ones on both intake and exhaust, they are not longer but bigger core. I will try it with delta 282 shen I get it back from regrinding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts