Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I finally found a set of retainers, valve springs and valves, and I came acrossed a site that sold "valve spring locaters", "spring seals", "lock", and "guide". Now, this site sold all of these along with valves, retainers and valve springs, seperate. WTF.... Is this crap really needed or is this to lighten up the oem stuff, if the oem could have been used. I am taking the head to a shop and I want to have everything needed for them to the work. So basically, do I just get a set of valves springs and retainers and Im set? I am getting this as the cam.... (29063441T-D16Z)
http://www.tunerschoice.com/xq/aspx/paging.yes/dept_id.194/display_id.105/qx/Product.htm

And as for the springs, should I stay with crower or go with zex? I've heard both are to be good. Now, as for the retainers, I've read alot on here that they need to be replaced about every 25k miles or so. Is that true?

Both brands of springs are 164 bucks btw. And the Zex retainers are 235, crowers are 191. and crower valves are 280 for 16. zex's are pretty close to that of crower.... but even still, what about the rest of the things mentioned above?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Look at bisimoto.com He has conical shaped valvesprings (shaped like a footbal) Smaller retainers and lighter springs= lighter valvetrain... :TU:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts