Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 DX hatch
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a standard z6/vitara build and decided to put a little $$ into the head as well. No harm in an extra 1000rpm to play with I figure.

Anyway, I picked up a set up supertech valves and need to get some springs and retainers. Been doing some looking around and blox seem to be a decent bet from what I have read, and the fact that I can pick up springs/retainers for about $300. Anyone have any other suggestions for what to go with? I am looking to keep costs down... $400 is the high high end for me. Also what rpm am I safe to rev to with this setup?

edit: suggersitons - haha yeah I'm a half tard

·
Registered
2000 4dr civic dx
357 Posts
Since you purchased supertech valves, why not get the valve spring and retainer combo?

Considering you want to keep costs down, you could use 2 sets of y8 valve springs from the intake side.

On a side note, retainers aren't a necessity. I personally, wouldn't invest on them.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Enjoy those valves BTW!

Like was mentioned, you don't necessarily need retainers. I got mine cuz I got a deal on them, same with the valves. I would get matching springs for the cam I assume you have or will have.

GL!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i would suggest a comp 59300 and comp valve springs, the comp 59300 is a great all around cam has a real broad strong powerband

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
supertech springs, crower chromoly retainers...good cheap light set up IMO

120 for springs
65 for retainers

just an idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts