Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an OEM valve spring, that is stiffer than, and swaps right into a d15b2 head? or would the delta 282 cam be fine revving to 8k rpms on the stock springs?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You going to want stiffer springs, why not call or e-mail Delta and see what they suggest?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
since the head cast for D15b2, D15B7 and D16A6 are the same, but a6 have the strongest spring and will hold up to 8k. bones(Tranzsex) can verified this. just go to the junkyard and get 94-95 b7 head if you can't pick up an a6 head. around 94-95 they switch the valve spring on a b7 to used the same ones as the a6 heads.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I read in a Honda tuning mag that S2000 springs fit in EW engines. Not sure how far off that is from D-series though...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
^^ i also remember reading somewhere, that B16 springs fit in the d15 heads... not sure if this is true or not... but if they are made to rev 8200 stock, then im sure they can hold 8 on a D...
BULLSHIT!

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ thats what i thought too.... haha

is there anything that is stronger than the a6/94+b7 valve springs that will work on a b2 head with a delta 282?

is there a cam that is bigger than the 282 that i could use with better benefits?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe I'm missing it, but all they have for honda is for older motors, and they only make cams..

are there part #'s that i should be using, or springs/retainers from a different motor?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts