Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently in the process of getting every thing together for a nice valve job, SI valves, Crower springs I think, and some cromoly retainers, but I need to know are the retainer keepers 7 or 10 degrees?

The story behind why I'm replacing it all just FYI... I just finished rebuilding my bottom end, stock parts just all new bearings, well kinda, I have a y8 block a6 pistons, and a z6 head, anyway I was on the street in front of my house and was going to pull my car around back, so I pull out and take it up to about 4,500 shift to second and then my engine dies and makes a pile of racket. I get out and pop the hood and immediatly notice that my cam pulley (skunk 2) is no longer on my camshaft (comp 59300) I'm like damn, then I look closer and can't find my timing belt anywhere.

One of my neibours towed my car up to my garage and I got to looking at what happened, I flip over the cam pulley and take a look at it and the wooddruff pin failed letting the cam gear slip at least another 8-10 deg. retard on top of the 1-2 it already was, basically the pin turned cockeyed and pinched (really wish my digi camera worked) causing the pistion and valves to meet breaking my new cam, oh and as for the missing timing belt, it was wrapped around the crank pulley... I'm gonna have to see if i can get comp to replace my cam, I don't know if I can get them to or not.

Any way thats the story.

Jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the retainers angle?

can you explain alittle more on this?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and what does the woodruff pin failing have to do with the retainers keepers??

If you need new keepers, just go to Honda dealer or order online. I think they all the same for all D-series heads.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking in to getting a set of cromloy retainers from comp, and for them you need to know the angle... but what i ended up doing was just ordering a set of springs and titanium retainers from KMS...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts