Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one valve that is bent every so slightly so that it makes it hard for it to move in the valve guide, Im wondering if valves off of a b7, or an a6 will fit my z6 head.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Z6 uses larger valves and the stems are differant lengths.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I know for a fact, EF valves (sohc zc) don't work on y7's or y8's.

the EK vavles are shorter and the distance between the keeper groove and tip is smaller. well they will work but the installed stem height is lower. you can still adjust the lash. you can use the a6 springs and the installed spring height is cool if I remember correctly. so you shouldn't drop a valve, just the rocker arm ratio on that one valve would be different.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i have skunk 2 d16z6 exhaust valves in my b7 but the intakes were to long and i couldnt adjust them enough to make it work, there was still a gap adjusted all the way so it wouldnt seat. so exhaust side i would say yes it will fit. oh i still have the intake side.... idk $100 shipped if anyone wants them standard size they were installed but then taken right out, didnt fit they were 2 long for a b7

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
$24.48 each for skunk2's gotta love when the good stuff is cheaper

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ordwr Y8 valves, TRUST me since you won't look up the part numbers
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Kind of like the price differance between a Z6 and Y7/8 head gasket.

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
Dealerships are all expensive cause all parts are new not built in Mexico being refurbished.. lol Not to be mean just low quality control. Went threw 3 starters at auto zone and finally just went to the dealership.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It depends what your looking for. Sometimes things are way more expensive, othertimes it's about the same or cheaper. It comes down to what you need and what you should order.

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
true true but one thing i didn't do is buy a cv axle through the dealership they wanted 550 for one if the first letter started with j on my vin and like 3** something if my car was Canadian. i just went to car quest lol 80 bucks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts