Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 civic with the d15 in it and i have this bad valve noise and i have been told its bad to have it from some people and some on this web site says its normal i have a video on here let me know what you think could be the problem

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
Consistency is better than a particular number. I know off the top of my head that for a d16y8, the minimum pressure should be 135 psi with no more than 28psi deviation between the highest and the lowest.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
Briefly: You will need the valve cover and timing belt cover off. Get cylinder #1 to TDC. Using a feeler gauge, check how loose the valves are. Loosen the lock nuts and use a screw driver to adjust the adjuster screws as needed. Tighten the lock nuts while making sure the adjuster screw doesn't move. Once the lock nut is tight, check the clearance again to make sure.

There should only be a slight drag on the feeler gauge when checking.

Move on to the next cylinder.

I used this the first time I did it many years ago: Honda Civic SOHC Valve Adjustment (includes VX) - GasSavers.org - Helping You Save at the Pump Hypermiling and Fuel Efficiency Forum

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Just look at the rotor button. If the button points to the lead for a cylinder you can adjust that cylinder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts