Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good how to on adjusting valves? My d16y7 is ticking. ;)

Got numbers, pics, tips, anything? I'm too cheap to have the shop do it. And id love to learn more about my D by doing shit myself. :D

-Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love you! :p

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its making clacking/ticking valve sound at low rpm and idle when totally cold... goes away @ higher rpm and when it heats up...

What else could it be? and it's got over 155000 km on it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock exh. mani. is cracked a bit aroound the sensor hole... could it be that?

Tell me more about the stock cat. crack? How do i check for it? And... what is it? Just a crack in the "box"? Eh.... ;)

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Well...stock exhaust manifold w/ integrated cat does not like performance or spirited driving, it basically heats up beyond its limits. It would not unlikely to go underneath you car and see it glowing for a few seconds.

Because of this, the stress from the leverage that is place on the runners by the cat in the position it is in, causes the runners to bend or distort slightly, leading to cracking. Easy way to tell if its cracked? Take heatshields off when car is cold, start it, and feel for air pulses.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, thought about it.

If it is cracked, that silly sound should go away when i get my mad sexy header and cat-converter? ;)

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. Sorry about the wrong forum thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts