Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup guys it's been a while so hope everyone is doing well!!

This got me confused, and I have a question just to clarify. I got my feeler gauge from Craftsman, its the one that is a bit longer and it has an angle that makes it a lot easier to to use. I guess my question is, are all feeler gauge give both mm and inches?

intake 0.18 - 0.22 mm (0.007 -0.009 in.)
exhaust 0.23-0.27 mm (0.009-0.011 in.)

This is what the Civic Manual shows, and my feeler gauge only has mm on it NOT inches. I'm confuse cause I was planing for my measurements to go in the middle, so was planing to go with 8 for intake and 10 for exhaust but a lot of people told me to go tighter so I'm undecided now.

But the question really bothering me is, everyone seems to go for the measurement shown in red which is in Inches, NOT the green which the manuals has them as mm.

I ask cause I took both of them out (the ones in red and the ones in green) and its a different between day and night and all of them says mm on each leaf.

Did I confused you guys? LOL

By the way I have done this million times but I notice that and it confused and I wanted to ask you guys.

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
theyre the same measurement..........does it really matter if they equal the same?

maybe its easier to find an sae feeler than it is metric

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what got me thinking, I have done it in the past and i go for the .00? I figure I ask cause the feeler shows two numbers but only shows "mm" not "inches". LOL feels weird being in the NOOB section LOL

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
its just one of those things youre over thinking.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Way over thinking, pick a unit of measurement. Your feeler gauges are in mm then use the corresponding measurement.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, like I said i have done valve lash hundreds of times, my point was, or at least I thought it was that the gauge says mm and not inches even thou that measurement is there also. I was just thinking out loud, did I mention I'm loosing my mind lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts