Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid $150+$25 for valve job, install valves, resurface, cleaned, and for valve seals. Is this average price? How much did you guys pay?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! This is the only machine shop that I know of here in Raleigh; T-Hoff. When he told me how much it would cost I was thinking it sounds pretty good but wasn't sure. Beats paying to have it shipped out.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I paid some redneck perfomance place next door to my place to mill my head .040 and they charcged me $75.00. and cleaned the head for free......

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
disassembly, hot tank, magnaflux, check specs, 3 angle valve job, reassembly
$300

port polish, flowbench before after
$475

Bell Motor Service
Louisville, KY

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im fixing to get my head done for free at school .........oh yes
When I was in HS, someone installed brake pads backwards and ruined the guy's set of new Brembo rotors. They even set the lash on my CRX wrong.

better make sure you watch them!!!

·
Registered
98 EJ
236 Posts
When I was in HS, someone installed brake pads backwards and ruined the guy's set of new Brembo rotors. They even set the lash on my CRX wrong.

better make sure you watch them!!!
so thats what really made at Columbine go south. lol

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
them guys at my HS are the shit..... all of them own like civic's so they know what their doing .
They're all learning too, which is why I say be careful. But hey, if you trust them, go for it!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
if they build a frankenstein k24 and dropped it in a crx... so i will trust them to build my D
building a motor is one thing, building it right is something completely different ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts